Terms and conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Use for Robert Bosch OY services “Bosch Customer Portal" accessible via the website www.portal.boschaftermarket.com/bs
As per 7th July 2021
Robert Bosch OY, FI01064321, Robert Huberin tie 16 A,Finland (hereinafter "Supplier", “Bosch”, “We"), is offering at www.portal.boschaftermarket.com/bs (Hereinafter “Portal”) as Bosch Customer Portal a platform dedicated to wholesalers, who buys workshop-related products from Bosch
The supplier operates the Bosch Customer Portal exclusively for the use of business customers, and consumers may not use the services provided in the portal.
§ 1 Services and availability
1. The Bosch Customer Portal is a platform with various information and service offerings, through which you as a user can access information and services (eg. News, marketing, communication, product information, services, warranty, logistic information etc.) and can inform us about changes and feedback via forms.
2. The services provided may include making marketing and sales content and target group-specific content (hereinafter referred to as "summary content") available around Bosch products used in workshops.
3. We reserve the right to supplement the services offered on Bosch Customer Portal or to set a time limit for the use of the services provided. As a user, you are not entitled to retain certain services or parts thereof.
4. To use these services, you must submit an application and register. The application and registration for the use of www.portal.boschaftermarket.com/bs are free of charge.
5. Free services are not entitled to uninterrupted use. It is not ensured that the access or use of Bosch Customer Portal is not interrupted or impaired by maintenance work, further development or otherwise by disturbances that may occur can also lead to data losses. We strive to ensure that the Bosch Customer Portal services are as uninterrupted as possible. However, technical faults (such as power supply interruptions, hardware and software faults, technical problems in the data lines) can lead to temporary restrictions or interruptions.
6. The Supplier is entitled to subcontract services by third parties (including related group companies of the Supplier).
§ 2 Registration on Bosch Customer Portal
1. The services on the Bosch Customer Portal are aimed exclusively at traders, ie legal and natural persons who, in connection with their business or self-employment, enter into a transaction. Where a person enters into this agreement as a representative of an undertaking, that person shall ensure that the undertaking is properly organized in accordance with the law of the country in which it is established or registered: is valid and in good standing and has the legal authority, permission, decision or power to bind the undertaking. To register at Bosch Customer Portal, you must be of age. Registration is prohibited for minors and persons whose access authorization has been permanently suspended.
2. The portal can be accessed by two means:
- You already have a valid Bosch ID, on the basis of which we can identify that the data required to give you access to the portal are already available in our systems. In this case, you register with the Bosch ID and receive direct access to the portal.
- You do not yet have a Bosch ID or the data we can identify in our systems using your Bosch ID are not sufficient to give you access to our portal. In this case it is necessary to fill in an online registration form (customer number, company, name, address, …). As soon as you send this form, your data will be checked by us. This is a manual process and can therefore take some time. Once the data check has been successfully completed, you will be informed by e-mail. From this point on, you will have access to the portal.
3. If certain data (in particular contact details) are required during the registration or during the use of the services provided on Bosch Customer Portal, you must provide them fully and correctly. If these data change during your usage relationship, you must correct your data immediately by using the contact form on www.portal.boschaftermarket.com/bs . If you incur costs as a result of the incorrect information, you are obliged to pay these costs.
5. You may only register once on Bosch Customer Portal. Your registration, the usage relationship and the user account together with access data are not transferable. As a rule, we do not verify your identity and your details during registration. We therefore do not guarantee that each profile holder is the person for whom the profile holder is posing.
§ 3 Responsibility for access data
1. Your access data, including the password, must be kept secret by you and not made available to unauthorised third parties.
2. It remains your responsibility to ensure that your access to Bosch Customer Portal and the use of the services available on Bosch Customer Portal are exclusively by you or by yourself. by the persons authorized by you. If it is to be feared that unauthorized third parties have or will become aware of your access data, the supplier shall be informed immediately.
Please note: You are fully responsible for any use and/or other activity carried out on Bosch Customer Portal under your access data.
§ 4 Blocking access
2. In case of permanent blocking of your access authorization, you will be notified by e-mail.
3. In the case of temporary blocking, the access authorization will be reactivated after the end of the blocking period or after the end of the blocking period or after the end of the blocking period. A permanently blocked access authorization cannot be restored.
§ 5 Termination of use
1. You can cancel the free access at any time by selecting the "Deregistration Link" at the footer of the Bosch Customer Portal and completing the process by confirming. We also reserve the right to cancel all or part of the free access with a fourteen (14) calendar day period.
3. In the event of a complete termination of your Bosch Customer Portal usage relationship, we shall be entitled, with the expiry of 30 calendar days after termination of the notice and after expiry of any statutory retention periods, irretrievably delete all data generated in connection with your use. The rules on data protection shall apply as a matter of priority to personal data, which may also provide for a shorter period for deletion. This deletion does not affect data stored about you in systems that are independent of the portal and that have been created independently of your usage relationship.
§ 6 Extent of permitted use, codes of conduct, monitoring of use activities
2. You are responsible for creating the necessary technical conditions (especially hardware, web browsers and Internet access) for the use of the services in accordance with the contract. We do not owe any advice in this regard.
3. Any action that is likely to affect the smooth operation of Bosch Customer Portal shall be prohibited, in particular excessive burdens on our IT systems. If you become aware of any illegal, abusive, non-contractual or other unauthorized use of Bosch Customer Portal, you can contact us at Webmaster.Extranet.firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. It is pointed out that usage activities can be monitored in the legally permissible scope of the Telemedia Act and the Federal Data Protection Act, or a legal obligation for us to do so. This includes, if applicable. also the logging of IP connection data and call history and their evaluations in the event of a specific suspicion of an infringement of the present participation and conditions of use and/or in the event of a specific suspicion of the existence of any other illegal act or offence.
§ 7 Protection of content, right of use, responsibility for third-party content
2. You are only entitled to download content (download") as well as to print out content, provided that it is possible to download or print it. is available for printing on Bosch Customer Portal as a functionality (e.g., via a download button). You will receive an indefinite and non-exclusive right of use for the contents you correctly download from Bosch Customer Portal.
3. The content available on Bosch Customer Portal comes partly from us and partly from distributors or other third parties (hereinafter third-party content")
4. We do not check for completeness, correctness or legality of third-party content and therefore do not assume any responsibility or guarantee for the completeness, correctness, legality or topicality of the third-party content. This shall apply in particular with regard to the quality of the third-party content and its suitability for a particular purpose and with regard to any information relating to its availability; the price or other information related to an order with a distributor.
§ 8 Data Protection
§ 9 Limitation of liability
1. As part of the use of free services, we shall not be liable for negligent breaches of duty, unless damage from the violation of life, of the body or health or guarantees or claims under the Product Liability Act.
2. Insofar as these provisions preclude or limit our liability, this also applies to the liability of our institutions and vicarious agents, especially our employees.
§ 11 Amendments to services
We are entitled at any time, at www.portal.boschaftermarket.com/bs modify services provided free of charge, make new services available free of charge or for a fee and cease providing free services. We will take your legitimate interests into account.
§ 12 General provisions
1. Detailed information about us as the operator of www.portal.boschaftermarket.com/bs can be found in our imprint.
2. Finnish law applies to the exclusion of private international law and the International Sale of Goods Act (CISG).
3. If you are a wholesaler, the exclusive place of jurisdiction is the location of the supplier. However, we are also entitled to sue at your place of business.
4. Disturbances caused by force majeure or other unavoidable events
- outside the control of the supplier,
- could not reasonably be avoided,
- which were unforeseeable even with due diligence and which
- make the obligations of the supplier under these conditions of use considerably more difficult or impossible in whole or in part, such as strikes, blockades, failure of the public power grid, failure of the Internet, exceptional weather conditions, Disruption of operations, traffic jams and transport restrictions exempt Bosch from obligations under these conditions of use for the duration of the event.