Apprenticeship Programme Privacy Notice
Data protection notice for Bosch Automotive Apprenticeship Programme applicants
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us in the event you have a complaint.
We reserve the right to change our security and data protection measures if this is required due to technical development. In such cases, we will amend our privacy notice accordingly. Therefore, as this privacy notice may change, please check this web page for any updates to the notice in order to be aware of the current version.
This notice applies to all those who visit the Bosch Automotive Apprenticeship Programme web pages.
Who we are
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd, C/o Legal Department, PO Box 98, Broadwater Park, North Orbital Road, Denham, Uxbridge UB9 5HJ (“We” in this notification) as the operator of the web pages for the Bosch Automotive Apprenticeship Programme, collect, use and are responsible for, certain personal information about you ("personal data"). We are a data controller under data protection law, which includes the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 as appropriate.
The Bosch Automotive Apprenticeship Programme application page links to a Learning Management System (LMS) provided by Tribal Group PLC to allow you the personal management of your own apprenticeship application. The personal data that we collect from you is stored on secure information technology systems provided by Tribal Group PLC.
Bosch respects your privacy
The protection of your privacy in the processing of your personal data is an important concern that we pay special attention to during our business operations. We use ("process") your personal data collected during your visit to our website and when you provide your personal data to us in other ways, in a confidential manner and solely in accordance with the law including the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
The personal data we collect and process
Personal data consists of all information related to an identified or identifiable living individual. This may include for example but not limited to, names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, education history, which are an expression of a person's identity.
We collect, process and use personal data only when there is either a statutory legal basis to do so or if you have given your consent to the processing or use of your personal data. In regard to the Bosch Automotive Apprenticeship Programme website, personal data is only stored when voluntarily given by you for a determined purpose i.e. in the context of an application and any subsequent enrolment onto the Bosch Automotive Apprenticeship Programme.
We may collect your personal data when you provide it to us through the Bosch Automotive Apprenticeship Programme website, if you write to us or telephone our offices, or if you provide your details to us through a third party (including through a recruitment agency, other manufacturer programme, college or an employer).
Information collected by us and when it is obtained:
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd captures certain information on each user as part of the application process. This data enables the creation of an applicant profile, which is necessary to allow the matching of applicants to apprentice vacancies being offered by employers. Applicants are matched to employer vacancies relevant to the individual’s application for an apprenticeship programme. This is also necessary to ensure the storage of personal training records.
The personal data collected during the application process will include your name, address, date of birth, gender, contact details, education and work history, means of transport, health, equality and diversity information, hobbies and interests, and any criminal records where there is a legal obligation to disclose them. We have an obligation to collect specific data fields in order to satisfy the requirements of UK Government Funding and Education agencies. During the application process, you will also be asked to complete an online assessment for the purpose of determining your potential for Apprenticeship Programme enrolment.
We may also collect and process records of any correspondence when you contact us by phone, email or post.
How your personal information is used
Information collected by Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd is processed to facilitate the recruitment process of finding employment for you to start an Apprenticeship Programme. The processing of your personal data is necessary for the purpose of the services that we provide to you.
We use, or may use this information to:
- Conduct an assessment to ensure all requirements to join the Apprenticeship Programme are met
- Provide your application details to the prospective employer in anonymised format for first consideration by the employer
- Provide your full personal details (in the case of your separate consent) to the employer in case of a job interview being offered
- Forward (in the case of your separate consent) onto other apprentice application platforms that Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd works with, where there may be additional employment opportunities to join an Apprenticeship Programme
- To respond to your queries and provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- To identify any prior learning that may be a prerequisite to us confirming your apprenticeship position
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the United Kingdom or the European Union. The information you provide will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
Using your information in accordance with data protection laws
Data protection laws require that we meet certain conditions before we are allowed to use your data in the manner described in this privacy notice. We take our responsibilities under data protection laws extremely seriously, including meeting these conditions.
To collect and process your personal data, we will rely on the following conditions, depending on the activities we are carrying out:
Compliance with legal obligations:
As an entity established under the laws of England and Wales, Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd is obliged to comply with UK laws and guidance provided by UK regulatory bodies. You will not be able to object to processing or ask for the deletion of your personal information if the data is necessary for compliance with legal and government obligations.
Necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract:
In order for us to fulfil our obligations under a contract (e.g. to allow you to undertake an Apprenticeship Qualification), we will need to collect and process your personal data.
We will request your consent to share details of your application with prospective employers for the following purposes:
- Provision of your personal details (as supplied by you) to the employer in case of a job interview being offered to you
If you have consented, a potential employer will be able to view the personally identifiable information associated with your application form. The information visible to them will be limited to your name, address, date of birth, gender, contact details, education and work history, means of transport, health, equality and diversity information, hobbies and interests, and assessment results. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time; however, this will result in your application being withdrawn and you will no longer be able to apply for any Apprenticeship Programme positions.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the following email:
To use your personal data for any other purpose described in this privacy notice, we rely on a condition known as "legitimate interests". It is in our legitimate interests to collect your personal data as it provides us with the information that we need to provide our services to you.
This category applies in respect to the provision of the following services: Facilitating your potential employment and subsequent entry onto a Government Apprenticeship Scheme. We may need to process your personal data to establish your age and verify your eligibility for a government apprenticeship programme. Prospective employers will also need certain information in order to make a decision on who they wish to employ. Failure to provide the prerequisite personal information upon application or objecting to this type of processing / exercising your deletion rights will unfortunately mean we cannot provide our services to you.
We have checked that the processing of your personal data is necessary for the relevant purpose, and are satisfied that there is no other reasonable way to achieve that purpose.
We have also carried out a balancing test of our interests in using your personal data against the interests you have as a citizen and the rights you have under data protection laws, and are confident that your interests do not override those legitimate interests.
We only use individuals’ data in ways they would reasonably expect and we do not use people’s data in ways they would find intrusive or which could cause them harm. Of interest to you as an individual, is that our use of your personal data is to facilitate entry into employment and registration onto an Apprenticeship Programme that will provide personal learning and development.
How long we keep your information for
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was provided. When determining the relevant retention periods, we take into account additional factors including:
- Legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain time period
- Statute of limitations under applicable law
- Potential or actual disputes
- Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities
To offer you the best opportunity of gaining an apprenticeship place, we apply the following data retention period in regard to applicant data unless you request otherwise:
- Data on any applicant that has applied for, but not started an Apprenticeship, will be retained for a maximum of 18 months after which the data will be deleted
Disclosure of your information
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd administrators and other approved people working within Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd have access to any personal data related to an applicant profile. This may include our Learning Management System provider Tribal Group PLC, but only for the purpose of resolving technical issues. Access to any data by this provider is subject to a strict data privacy agreement and Data Protection law to ensure both the security of the data storage and non-disclosure to third parties.
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our Group (being our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006). For support of the services that we offer to you, these Bosch Group subsidiaries may be:
- Robert Bosch Ltd.
- LAGTA Group Training Ltd.
Under the following circumstances, we may disclose your information to:
- Members of our Group; for necessary purposes in the support and delivery of services to you.
- Any potential employer, following your own consent. Your application details and education history will be visible to them under these circumstances. Disclosure of these details are necessary to support any offer of interview.
- System providers, when it is necessary for the processing of the data, or the provision of the services that we provide to you. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of data protection law.
- Your potential employer, parents (if you are under the age of 18) or law enforcement agencies, or other appropriate third parties; where we consider your behaviour to be unlawful, offensive, inappropriate or objectionable in one of our training facilities.
At all times where we disclose your personal data it will remain secure.
Where we store your personal data
Due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have a number of rights under data protection law in relation to the way we process your personal data, although some of these are not absolute and in some instances, we may be unable to accept your request. If this is the case, we will respond to you to explain why, as set out below. You may contact our Data Security Officer at DSO@uk.bosch.com to exercise any of these rights and we will respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request.
RIGHT - DESCRIPTION OF RIGHT
- The right to be informed - The right to be informed with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data.
- The right of access - A right to access personal data held by us about you.
- The right to rectification - A right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.
- The right to erasure - A right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to why we process your data (in accordance to right to object below).
- The right to restrict processing - In certain circumstances, a right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): you dispute the accuracy of the personal data held by us; or where you would have the right to require us to erase the personal data but would prefer that processing is restricted instead; or where we no longer need the personal data, but you need us to retain the data for the purposes of dealing with a legal claim.
- The right to data portability - In certain circumstances, a right to receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This right will only apply where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract, and the processing is carried out by automated means. Upon request, you also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation, if it is technically feasible.
- The right to object - A right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you where the processing of such data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, unless we are able to demonstrate, on balance, legitimate grounds for continuing to process personal data which override your rights or which are for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling - A right for you not to be subject to a decision based solely on an automated process, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- The right to withdraw your consent - A right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services or products).
If you believe your details are incorrect and you wish us to amend them, or you wish to notify us about a change in your preferences, please contact us at the email: email@example.com
Data Security Officer, UK and Ireland
Robert Bosch UK Holdings Ltd.
North Orbital Road
Denham UB9 5HJ
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to us in this way in the first instance.
Please remember to include your name, address and postcode along with any correspondence reference you may have.
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal data, or are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office.
Their address is:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner's Office